Obnoxious spaces

This summer I after immense thinking and accepting and rejecting the idea of putting my daughter in a summer camp.

But after a week I opted for sending her for an hour.
Basic doodling and story telling, dancing and painting crafts.
I liked the class and concept.

But what I realised was that we are still facing white vs brown and rich vs. Middle class.
All the kids with fair tone or gaudy clothes were given more attention than my kid or other kids with more sunkissed skins or child like clothes.

I saw her paint brush being snatched by their English speaking aaya. I heard condescending tones like.. oh no beta.. you must calm down and sit at a place because she was playing with other kids and the so called zombied environment was disturbed.

It is such a depressing place for kids to grow in right now.
All I could hear from so called adults is.. no you cant.. no you must now.. oh my god keep quiet.

Isn't it an oxymoron.. a camp.to take out your personality but according to their format..

As a mom.. all I know is that I want her to grow as a responsible person and not an order taking super proper person.. because that doesn't reap any benefits 

Comments